The Mount Isa Family Fun Park is the largest all abilities playground in Queensland!
Opened in 2009, the park cost over $4.25 million to design and build, and offers locals and visitors alike the perfect facility to play, relax, and enjoy.
The Family Fun Park is built to be accessible to everyone, regardless of their level of ability or movement and to have something for everyone, regardless of their personal interests!
And best of all… it’s completely free!
The park offers visitors:
- Ample Parking (over 200 spaces)
- Free BBQ facilities
- Bike Track
- Large Grassed Areas
- Mural By Local Artists & School Groups
- Sculpture Installation By Award-Winning Queensland Artist Christopher Trotter
- 100% ‘soft fall’ rubberised ground cover for safety in play areas
- Junior play area (for ages 0-6)
- Based on the theme of a pirate ship, this area is fully fenced with ‘pool fencing’ so parents can be confident as to where their children are. The area is located adjacent to a large grassed mount where parents are able to sit and supervise their children.
- Senior play area (ages 6 and up)
- With a variety of challenging installations and play equipment
- Water park
- A first for North West Queensland. With an interactive design, over 20 different installations, recycled water system, all abilities accessible, and sounds and lights!
- Sensory Garden
- Interactive garden built to stimulate the senses (sight, smell, touch, taste)
- Liberty swing
- Built to be all abilities accessible (including wheelchair accessible)
- Double Flying Fox
- Each over 20 meters long
- Permanent outdoor stage and seating areas
- For outdoor performances
- State of the art, self cleaning, self locking, vandalism resistant, sensor based systems,
- Formal Gazebo Area
- For weddings and special occasions
- Extensive ‘cool technology’ seating
The Park can be found on Church Street, behind the PCYC and Spashez Aquatic Centre.
Family Fun Park Opening hours :
The Park operates daily (inclusive of weekends / public holidays), except on Wednesdays which is closed for cleaning.
Summer Period (October 1 to April 30):
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 9am to 9.30pm
- Wednesday: 3pm to 9.30pm
- The water feature operates between 9am and 8pm.
Winter Period (May 1 to September 30):
- Monday, Tuesday, Sunday: 9am to 6.30pm
- Wednesday: 3pm to 6.30pm
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday: 9am to 9.30pm
- The water feature operates between 9am and 8pm on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and between 9am and 6.30pm all other days