Mount Isa City Council proposes to make a Local Government Infrastructure Plan (‘the LGIP’).
Public consultation of the proposed LGIP has commenced, and submissions regarding the proposed LGIP can be made to Council by 13 December 2019.
- integrates infrastructure planning with the land use planning identified in Council’s planning scheme;
- provides transparency regarding Council’s intentions for the provision of trunk infrastructure for the Region;
- enables Council to estimate the cost of infrastructure provision to assist its long term financial planning;
- ensures that trunk infrastructure is planned and provided in an efficient and orderly manner; and
- provides a basis for the imposition of conditions about infrastructure on development approvals upon development.
The LGIP identifies trunk infrastructure plans for the following five networks that provide essential services for development:
- water supply;
- public parks and land for community facilities.
Council’s LGIP can be found below:
- Proposed LGIP (PDF)
- Priority Infrastructure Area Map & Plans for Trunk Infrastructure (PDF)
- Completed Checklist (PDF)
- Schedule of Works Model (xlsm)
- Schedule of Works Model (PDF)
- Extrinsic Material - Contact Council's Asset Management Officer
Providing written submissions about any aspect of the LGIP:
Any person may make a written submission about any aspect of the proposed LGIP during the consultation period which ends at 5.00PM EST on 13 December 2019.
Submissions must be in accordance with the requirements of the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 and must;
- Be in writing and, unless the submission is made electronically, signed by each person making the submission;
- Be received during the public consultation period of 4 November 2019 to 5:00PM EST 13 December 2019;
- State the name and residential or business address of each person who made the submission;
- State the grounds of the submission and facts and circumstances relied on in support of the grounds; and
- Be lodged with Council through any of the following methods;
Chief Executive Officer
Mount Isa City Council
PO Box 815
MOUNT ISA QLD 4825
Over the counter:
Council’s Administration Building
23 West Street, Mount Isa, QLD, 4825
For further information or enquiries about the LGIP, please contact Council’s Engineering Services Department on (07) 4747 3200 or alternatively email email@example.com