Draft City of Mount Isa Planning Scheme 2019
Mount Isa City Council is proposing to adopt a new Planning Scheme, being the City of Mount Isa Planning Scheme 2019 and once in effect will apply across the entire local government area.
This new Planning Scheme will replace the existing City of Mount Isa Planning Scheme 2006, which commenced 1 August 2006.
Have Your Say
4 November 2019 - 13 December 2019 (inclusive)
The proposed draft City of Mount Isa Planning Scheme 2019 is available for inspection and purchase at Council’s administration offices at 23 West Street, Mount Isa, Qld, 4825 during the hours of 9.00am – 5.00pm, Monday – Friday, and available electronically below.
View the scheme & mapping
Copies of the Draft City of Mount Isa Planning Scheme 2019 can be downloaded here:
Hard copy available to view or purchase
A hard copy of the Draft City of Mount Isa Planning Scheme 2019 will be available for viewing at the Council administration building during the hours of 9.00am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, during the public consultation period.
You may purchase a hard copy of the draft planning scheme at Council’s administration building or lodge a request to be posted a hard copy at this email address: email@example.com
However, please note the following fees are applicable and must be paid prior to a hard copy being provided to you.
Full Planning Scheme (Hard Copy)
Planning Scheme Maps (A3 size)
$50 full set or $3 each
Planning Scheme Maps (A4 size)
$40 full set or $2 each
Planning Scheme Codes (Per code)
$50 full set or $4 each
Planning Scheme Policies (Per policy)
Request a meeting
Council’s engaged planning consultant will be available to answer any public queries from Monday, 18 November 2019 to Wednesday, 20 November 2019. The meeting availability times for these days are as follows:
- Monday, 18 November 2019 from 12 noon to close of business
- Tuesday, 19 November 2019 from 9.00am to close of business
- Wednesday, 20 November 2019 from 9.00am to close of business
You are encouraged to book a meeting by contacting Council on (07) 4747 3200 or email your query and preferred meeting time to firstname.lastname@example.org. Council will contact you to confirm your appointment time.
How to lodge a submission
Written submissions about any aspect of the draft planning scheme may be made to Council by any person. Submissions must be in accordance with the requirements of the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 and:
- Be in writing or by email;
- State the name and residential or business address of each submitter;
- State the grounds of the submission and facts and circumstances relied on in support of the grounds;
- Be signed be each person making the submission (however signatures are not required for email submissions);
- Either posted, emailed or lodged at Council’s Administration Building located at 23 West Street, Mount Isa; and
- Received within the consultation period of 4 November 2019 to 13 December 2019 (inclusive).
Submission form available
Mount Isa City Council has prepared a submissions template for your convenience. This document can be downloaded here:
Please note a submission does not have to be lodged in this form. Council will accept other formats provided the submission includes the information as stated above ("How to lodge a submission").
Where to lodge a submission
Submissions must be made between 4 November 2019 and 13 December 2019 and lodged with Council through any of the following methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Chief Executive Officer
Mount Isa City Council
PO Box 815
MOUNT ISA QLD 4825
- Over the counter at Council’s Administration Building – 23 West Street, Mount Isa, QLD, 4825
Request further information
For further information or enquiries about the draft planning scheme, please contact Council’s Development and Land Use Section on (07) 4747 3200 or alternatively email your query through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for submissions
The closing date for submissions is 13 December 2019. All submissions must be received by Council on or before this date. Please call Council’s Development & Land Use section on (07) 4747 3200 or email email@example.com for further information about the draft Planning Scheme.
The Current Town Planning Scheme
In accordance with the Integrated Planning Act 1997, the local government for the City of Mount Isa has prepared this planning scheme as a framework for managing development in a way that advances the purpose of the Integrated Planning Act 1997 by:
- identifying assessable and self-assessable development; and
- identifying outcomes sought to be achieved in the local government area as the context for assessing development.
You can download the current City of Mount Isa Town Planning Scheme (as amended January 2015). Please be aware that this document download (PDF) is 52 megabytes in size.
Minor Amendment of Town Planning Scheme
Taking effect on the 28th of January 2015, Council adopted a minor amendment to the City of Mount Isa Town Planning Scheme. The purpose and general effect of the Minor Amendment is to provide improved flood regulation based on revised flood mapping. To achieve this purpose, the following changes have been made:
- Replace flooding maps 13-26 with maps 13-21;
- Renumber existing map no. 27 to map no. 22;
- Replace components of the City of Mount Isa Planning Scheme 2006 which reference the flood maps and map no. 27.
Please use this link for information regarding applicable infrastructure charges for all developments.